It’s been a little while, but a new set of weekly musings is finally here! Check them out:
- Just when we’re thinking of or are at the point of giving up, something miraculous happens…A thought, idea, experience, action, or person inspires us to press on. And just like that, we resume our course–fighting harder than ever before.
- It amazes me how quickly misunderstandings arise. Some of us are so quick to jump to conclusions long before we’ve allowed others to express themselves. We disrespect others when we cut them off. We can also make them feel as if we’re discrediting them and that their point of view holds no value or weight with us. Active listening and thinking carefully before responding are so crucial when we communicate with each other. It lessens the chances for misunderstandings and potential conflict.
- No one is beyond reproach. We tend to pump people up, especially leaders, public figures, celebrities, and even ourselves. But no matter how good we are or whether we’ve been called the best at what we do, we aren’t too good to be critiqued. If this was the case, we wouldn’t have performance appraisals or reviews at work. We also know that as long as we as a race of beings exist, we will talk about and criticize others no matter what. But there’s a time and a place for it. And if we’re going to criticize others our criticism should be tactful, relevant, and helpful. (And as the saying goes–if you can dish it then you can take it.)
- Sometimes it’s best to take a step back and let others shine. Can’t always be in control. Never should we allow our egos to hold us or others captive. Under no circumstances should we try to dim others’ light. Everyone deserves a shot. How else would we have made it thus far?
- Personal decisions are just that. We should never feel like we have to explain ourselves to anyone. If those who expect or feel as if we owe them an explanation are in no way impacted by our decisions, then they deserve absolutely NO explanation.
Until next time… Peace, Love, and Many Blessings!