Without further adieu, here are the latest weekly musings:
- Tolerance is limiting. It leads to a dead end road. It means that total understanding, respect, and empathy are not possible, because one is not able or is unwilling to embrace that which is different from oneself.
- You’ll be amazed at how much better you feel and how much the world opens up to you when you get out of your own way.
- Rejection is unavoidable. If you’re “lucky enough” to have yet to experience it, don’t worry… It’ll happen. It’s foolish for any of us to think that we’re so good or so untouchable that everything belongs to or is meant for us. Not so.
- Unless you have a plan or recommendations on how to make life as we know it better, STFU! We can be so quick to complain when things don’t go the way that we want them to. Complaining is useless. If you want to make a difference, you have to collaborate with those than don’t share the same beliefs or ideals as you. By doing that, we can get the change that will benefit everyone—not just you or those like you.
- Sometimes the best opportunities are those that come about by accident or those that we create ourselves. We have to be open to all possibilities.
- Love manifests from within. It’s so easy to be led astray when you can’t find it within yourself. Stop looking out, and start looking within!
Sorry for the delay with posts this week. School has seemingly taken over my life again. With less than five weeks left in the semester and in my MBA program, I have had little time to sleep, socialize, or maintain consistency with anything outside the books. The good thing, many would say, is that I’m in the homestretch. It won’t be long now!
In the interim, I’d like to leave you with my musings on life and politics for the week.
- If one or a few groups of us have to be put down, cast aside, or degraded for the sake of “progress,” then we’ve failed as a society.
- Supremacy prevails when we don’t have access to the same chances and opportunities for a better life.
- Fear is a powerful yet crippling emotion. It gives immense power to those who use it as a controlling mechanism, while it cripples and weakens those who fall prey or succumb to it.
- You have to want happiness. You have to want change and/or want to change. There’s nothing and no one that can wave the magic wand to make everything all better. That’s for fairy tales. This is real life. Embrace it and play your part.
- What you look for in others may already lie within you. Locate, realize, and tap into it.
- The understanding of why things happen to us may not come immediately. But everything clicks when the reasons and learning lessons unveil themselves. Life is funny that way, isn’t it?
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who were impacted by Hurricane Sandy. Hold on. Be strong. Everything will get better.
This week’s musings are deal with life, and personal empowerment in particular. It’s so easy to lose self, especially when there’s a lot at stake. Have to remain grounded. Have to know that who you are and what you bring to the table is enough. If ever not, it’s time to go to another table.
- You can plan your life all you want. But you’d be a fool to think that everything in this life will always go as planned. You know that you’re truly living when you can get through the parts of life that were not part of “the plan.”
- For one who’s lived a life where all they’ve ever heard was “yes,” the true test of their character comes after hearing their first “no.”
- The less time you spend worrying about what’s wrong with others and how to change them, the more time you can devote to working on and changing yourself. The power lies in changing you first and foremost. Work to make a better you.
- Talk, especially when coming from people in positions of power, is nothing without meaning, purpose, and action. Yes, it may sound good. Yes, it may be full of passion and promise. But without the substance of planning and actual work, talk fails on all the things that matter.
- Always look to the things that bring you joy and lift your spirit. You’ll find comfort, motivation, inspiration, and reassurance in them during times of doubt, confusion, disappointment, need, and loss.
- When you’ve given or done your best—and you know that you have—there’s really nothing more anyone can ask of you.
- We all have to make choices and compromises in this life. But dimming your light or changing yourself for the sake of others should never be one of them. Stand proudly and firmly in your light. Your light is what makes you unique.
Today marks the inaugural post of the “Weekly Musings” series. In this series I’ll be sharing questions, anecdotes, and/or poetic sayings that came to mind over the course of the past week. Depending on the lasting effects of these musings, they may inspire longer pieces of poetry or prose. So here goes!
- Stuck in the past, trying to break free. Stuck in the past, searching for the key to unlock the future and open me.
- Good love is a sweet dream without the slumbering. You reap the benefits pinch free.
- Temptation is the sincerest form of drama.
- A love that’s real and true is worth every sacrifice.
- Don’t work so hard that you miss out on enjoying the fruits of your labor.
- Every now and again take time to appreciate your accomplishments. Never forget to give yourself the credit you deserve.